Kayla was kidnapped, tortured, and then thrown off a bridge


Kayla Kendrigan, the former Green Point teenager, who was kidnapped, tortured, and then thrown off a bridge and left for dead, has fronted the media about her ordeal for the first time.
Greater Sydney was rocked by the horrific ordeal of 19-year-old Kendrigan, who became the victim of four people, who she thought were her friends, on September 22.
Police allege that 22-year-old, Matthew Leuthwaite, 19-year-old, Brooke Brown, and a 17-year-old girl and a 16-year-old boy, whose names have been supressed for legal reasons, kidnapped Kendrigan from Ambarvale, on September 22, before taking her to a home in the Sydney suburb of Whalan, where she was tied to a chair and tortured.
Speaking to Channel Nine’s A Current Affair, Kendrigan told the program that she was kicked, punched, beaten with a bat, burned, stabbed, had her hair cut off and was verbally assaulted for over eight hours.
After torturing her, Kendrigan’s attackers then forced her into the boot of a car and drove her to the Windsor Bridge, and threw her into the Hawkesbury River.
Kendrigan, who was born with one arm and is a poor swimmer, told A Current Affair that she believed she would drown.
“When they opened the boot and I saw the water, I started pleading with them not to do this to me.
“I just remember screaming no, please no,” she said.
Riddled with injuries and in shock from being thrown into the river and left for dead, Kendrigan recalls how she contemplated drowning.
“I can’t really swim, I was in shock, and the shore was about a 10 minute swim away.
“I thought that was it.
“I’m never going to see my family again.
“I’m going to drown,” she told A Current Affair.
Miraculously, Kendrigan did make it to the shore after floating down the river for a time.
“When I made it to shore I just laid there.
“After a while I managed to find a road.
“My injuries had caught up with me at this point.
“Everything hurt, but after everything that happened, I couldn’t give up,” Kendrigan said.
Kendrigan recalls walking along the road for around 15 minutes before making it to a home and raising the alarm.
Upon investigation, Police allege Kendrigan’s attackers initially kidnapped her because Kendrigan allegedly called one of them a “dog” on social media.
The four will face court later in October.
If convicted, they face up to 25 years in prison.
Three of the four all have children aged under 5.

Video, Sep 28
Kayla Kendrigan Interview, A Current Affair

Be the first to comment on "Kayla was kidnapped, tortured, and then thrown off a bridge"

Leave a comment