Tenders are being called for the expansion at Wyong Hospital

Artist’s impression of the upgraded Wyong Hospital

Plans have been approved and tenders are being called for the $200M expansion at Wyong Hospital.
The NSW government announced the major redevelopment in 2017 and last week finalised all the necessary investigations for approval.
Wyong MP, David Harris, said that hopefully the government would soon announce a start date but he expected the main construction to begin in 2020.
“This is good news,” he said, “and now they will be carrying on with pre-works and architectural works.
“Already $30M has gone towards pre-works in the past 12 months, such as the car park and preparing the electrical and water, ready to start the main construction.”
The redevelopment will deliver a range of improved and expanded infrastructure and services including: a new emergency department; increased maternity, intensive care and paediatric services; more inpatient beds; an additional operating theatre; expanded surgical services; rehabilitation; ambulatory services and additional car parking to provide spaces for up to 500 vehicles.

Source:
Email, Sept 2
NSW Planning Department
Interview, Sept 9,
Wyong MP, David Harris
Journalist, Sue Murray

Be the first to comment on "Tenders are being called for the expansion at Wyong Hospital"

Leave a comment