Gas cylinder connected to barbecue explodes

The Girakool Picnic Area

Two Terrigal Trotters running club members are recovering from burns after a gas cylinder connected to a barbecue exploded at the Girrakool Picnic Area at Somersby on September 14.
Trotters Graham Davis and Jo Ridley both suffered severe flash burns when the barbecue exploded at around 4:30pm.
It’s understood a portable cooker is to blame for the explosion, with the device leaking butane into the barbecue, causing it to explode.
The two Trotters were there as part of the Great North Walk running event, which was taking place that day.
Both Davis and Ridley were taken to Gosford Hospital for treatment in a serious but stable condition.
Ridley has since been discharged but Davis was transferred to Royal North Shore Hospital for further treatment.
Investigations into the incident are ongoing.

Source:
Media statement, Sep 17
NSW RFS Media

Be the first to comment on "Gas cylinder connected to barbecue explodes"

Leave a comment