Two people charged over murder of Danielle Easey

Danielle Easey

Homicide Squad detectives have charged two people over their alleged roles in the murder of former Budgewoi resident, Danielle Easey, who police say was murdered at a home in Narara before her body was dumped in a creek near Newcastle.
At about 10:30am on Saturday, August 31, police were called to Cockle Creek, near Wakefield Rd, Killingworth, after members of the public saw an item wrapped in plastic floating in the water.
The plastic, containing a woman’s body, was removed from the water by officers.
The woman was formally identified as 29-year-old Danielle Easey, who lived in Booragul with family, but had more recently been staying at multiple locations around the area.
A post mortem examination revealed that Easey had been seriously assaulted and stabbed.
Detectives from the State Crime Command’s Homicide Squad and Lake Macquarie Police District established Strike Force Furzer to investigate the circumstances surrounding her death.
Inquiries have revealed that Easey was murdered at a home at Narara on or around Saturday, August 17, before being transported and dumped at Cockle Creek.
Following extensive investigations, strike force detectives arrested a 33-year-old man in Cardiff and a 32-year-old woman in Holmesville on Thursday, September 19.
Detectives subsequently executed two crime scene warrants at the Cardiff industrial premise where the man was arrested and at the Narara property where the murder is believed to have taken place.
A search warrant was also issued at the Holmesville home where the woman was arrested.
Specialist forensic police are continuing to examine the Cardiff and Narara properties.
Investigators also seized a Mitsubishi Delica at Cardiff which is being forensically examined.
The man was taken to Belmont Police Station and charged with murder.
The woman was taken to Toronto Police Station and charged with accessory after the fact to murder and dishonestly obtain financial advantage etc by deception.
Police will allege in court that the woman has assisted the man by impersonating Easey on one of her social media accounts after her death to gain access to money.
Both fronted court on Friday, September 20.

Media release, Sep 19
NSW Police Media

Be the first to comment on "Two people charged over murder of Danielle Easey"

Leave a comment